Neural Reconditioning, that is the concious retraining your unconscious mind to focus on environmental sensory observations and memories to obtain new targeted behaviours and objectives, can be achieved by creating vision boards, crafting statements of self affirmation, meditation, and subliminal messages. Today we are going to talk about a method you can use to create subliminal messages for this purpose.
Steps to creating subliminal messages with audacity:
- Write your affirmation statements down on paper and review them. Go over them several times, refining them into statements that really define the person you want to be and what you are accomplishing as that person. Statements should be in the present tense and should contain only positive affirmations expressed in a clear focused and detailed expression. The point is to state your desired situation, that being what you want to become and want to do, as though it is. Avoid stating what you do not want as you do not want to reinforce those thoughts. For example, if you want to reduce worry, state that you are a calm person that focuses on the many great opportunities in your life. While this may not seem true at the time you are stating it, the unconscious mind will began to focus on the opportunities once you set this statement in place. When worries pop up in your concious mind repeat this phrase to yourself. This will reinforce this belief in your unconscious mind causing it to bring to your concious awareness observations and memories reinforcing the belief. Over time your new focus will cause this belief to become reality.
- Record your statements using a device that creates a file supported by audacity (eg. .wav, .mp3, .ogg etc). You can use audacity with a microphone for this, your cell phone, or any recording device that supports file transfer.
- Choose a sound track that you enjoy and find relaxing and convert it to a file format supported by audacity. VLC is a good tool to use for conversion.
- Launch Audacity.
- Open the sound track file with Audacity.
- Import the audio track of your recording with Audacity.
- Highlight (select) the track of your recording by clicking on it and dragging your cursor to the right over until the entire track is selected.
- Choose the Amplify Effect from the Effects menu and reduce the volume of recording track to a level which is scarcely audible.
- Test the recording by clicking on the beginning of the sound track. This should release the highlighted selected area of the recording track and place the cursor at the beginning of the tracks. Now pressing play. If you cannot hear the recording track of your voice stating your affirmation then you’ve got the volume just right, if not repeat the selection process and reduce the volume a little more.
Video of this process forthcoming.
Please see the following disclaimer at the bottom of this article.
Looking forward to your comments.
Please bear in mind that I’m not a licensed psychologist or medical doctor and make no such claims, and that you are solely responsible for your actions their results. Furthermore, this guide is intended for those who are interested in using subliminal messages on themselves for self improvement. Studies have shown that these messages cannot be used to make someone do something that they don’t want do.