Part of my efforts with the Mississippi Magic Magazine involve setting up guidelines for writing great articles. If you are wondering why a technologies consultant is posting guidelines on writing great articles then let me explain. We are in the business of creating success in our constituents that we partner with through consulting and development. That being said… Mississippi Magic Magazine provides an outlet of expression for people and businesses in Mississippi but it does not employ writers to produce magazine content. Therefore, all the writing done on the Mississippi Magic Magazine is done by volunteer writers that have a vested interest in the community. From business owners to pastors of churches, people active in leadership in the community provide all of the content found in magazine. To make this a profitable venture for each of them, we’ve found it necessary to publish a guidelines for writing great articles.
- People like to do business with those they are familiar with. Through connecting with our community through your articles, you’ll lower the barriers that people have to traditional broadcast style advertising communications. .
- Articles will be broadcasted to the RSS subscription readership.
- Articles will be indexed by search engines so that anyone looking the information you provided will find it and you on the internet.
- Articles will spread in a viral method through through social media sites such as twitter, facebook, and linked in.
- Unlike traditional media, articles written will be available online well into the indefinite future.
- Articles will link your thoughts, expertise, and methods to your perceived value as a solutions provider and allow people to reach you.
- Articles always make the front page when they are published.
- Offering needed information to make an informed decisions.
- Offering solutions by showing how to solve a problem.
- Providing lists of methods or resources.
- Expounding upon a subject.
- Offering information about events by featuring information, pictures, and video covering people in the community.
- Praising and pointing out the good about others.
- Simplifying complex information, instructions, or events.
- Slandering others.
- Defaming others.
- Advertising your products or services.
- Soliciting business.